Friday, September 02, 2011

Hello.
This isn't technically my first blog as I've started these things before. I'm not brilliant at sticking at things. Sure, I'll cling to the last biscuit like it's a boyfriend but I quit the Brownies after a week and barely got a note out of my borrowed from school clarinet. So let's take this one blog at a time.

I am back from a hectic month in Edinburgh and have some time off before getting on the road for a (at this moment) 100 date tour.

Edinburgh was busy but great fun. My favourite bits were:

1) Sausage and Mash with the flatmates on the first night. Something of a tradition I have.
2) Watching Michael J Dolan's show. His and Tim Key's show were my favourites of those I saw.
3) Co-hosting the Radio 2 Arts Show with Penny Smith. A genuine joy from start to finish.
4) Punching flatmate J in the head - she was wearing a hard hat we found at our flat
5) Food with my visiting friends Geoff and Emma. It was early but the food was great and company even better.
6) A pint (of coke) at The World's End with my bloke, my bezzie and her bloke.
7) Singing Summer Nights stone cold sober in the street with flatmate J.
8) Showing any food shopping off to flatmate S. "Then I got this, then I got this.."
9) Any time I saw my friend Joe.
10) My fella stealing one of my posters for me at the end of the run then realising it had a tash drawn on it.
11) Finding somewhere quiet at 10pm on a Saturday night to have pots of tea with lovely ladies.
12) Performing my show each night especially the night I knew both my fella and Ronnie Corbett were watching. Double scary.
and
13) my man driving me and my massive case (and loads of bags I'd accumulated) home.

Now I'm back, I'm focusing on relaxing and catching up on sleep. I had a nap at 7pm tonight. I haven't left home for 2 days and have only had 1 bath in that time (and no showers). I disgust myself. Fuck knows when I'll put a bra on again. I've spent a lot of time in a nightie that makes me look like Bubbles DeVere. It's so comfy if a little tent-like. I've arranged a lunch with friends tomorrow mainly to get me out of the house. Don't tell them that. They think I'm looking forward to their company when really I just want to make sure I wash my nunny and wear something with a waistband.

Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment